Environment, Safety, and Health Point of Contact (Hydrogen Safety)
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
TBD based on experience
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
· Provide direction as Hydrogen Safety Expert.
· Provide expert direction to staff regarding hazards for hydrogen systems and other operations within research labs.
· Provide support as an ESH Point of Contact (POC) for assigned R&D and support organizations
· Develop safe work procedures for projects and research
· Serve as a POC for building-related ESH issues which may include ESH support for construction and maintenance activities, fire and life safety assessments, and indoor air quality assessments.
· Provide guidance to NREL staff on implementation of ESH programs and apply advanced ESH technical skills to tasks within areas of expertise such as industrial hygiene, occupational safety, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, emergency response and others.
· Develop plans for and conduct ESH inspections, audits, and oversight assessments.
· Develop and provide other ESH training to various organizational units including New Employee ESH orientation.
· Lead incident investigation and causal analysis as needed. Follow-up on corrective action implementation.
· Act as a member of the NREL Emergency Response Team for spill response.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
· Master’s degree in environmental health, occupational safety, industrial hygiene or other relevant discipline.
· Strong electrical safety background and experience
· Strong working knowledge and experience applying NFPA 70E Standard
· Advanced understanding of electrical systems and design
· Experience with medium voltage electrical systems and work procedures
· 40 hours HAZWOPER training.
· Familiarity with DOE 10 CFR 851 Worker Safety and Health Program and Integrated Safety Management Systems.
· Strong chemical safety training and experience – such as a minor in chemistry or experience as a chemical hygiene officer.
· Experience conducting process hazard analyses under the OSHA Process Safety Management standard.
· Experience working in a research and development environment – such as a laboratory or university.
HOW TO APPLY:
https://nrel.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/NREL/job/Golden-CO/Environmental–Safety—Health-Professional_R2057-1 or visit nrel.gov