Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Fort Morgan, CO manufacturing facility we are seeking a Plant Safety Leader who will help us continue our successful trend in the global dairy foods marketplace.
We Ask Of You To:
- Coordinate and conduct safety Training and Education at the plant.
- Perform various safety inspection techniques related to general industry and food manufacturing to continuously improve workplace conditions and behaviors.
- Support and lead safety engagement projects energizing and empowering employees for continued safety process improvements.
- Implement and maintain compliance-based safety policies and programs to insure that the facility meets and/or exceeds federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Lead the incident prevention and response process at the facility including administering First-Aid/CPR process, as required & coordinating root cause analysis and corrective actions for all injuries, near-miss incidents, property, and environmental losses.
- Partner with the Engineering/Maintenance staff in managing and strengthening the facility’s Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management (RMP), and HAZMAT programs.We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in sunny Fort Morgan, Colorado: 300 days of clear blue skies, and located just 80 miles northeast of Denver; the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders.You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Safety/Occupational Health, production management, or similar program.
- Three (3) years of progressive leadership experience in occupational safety positions, with a substantial portion of it in a manufacturing operation.
- Technically sound in occupational safety and health fundamentals and best practices and the application of them in manufacturing operations.We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Active affiliation with appropriate safety professional networks and organizations preferred.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred.
- Familiar with industrial operations, preferably dairy or food manufacturing.
- Deanna Robertson firstname.lastname@example.org